Sunday, March 27, 2016

Total Dependency.........?

Total Dependency?

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.  (Proverbs 14:12).  


What does dependency mean?
According to (Merriam-Webster Dictionary): The quality of being dependent; something that is dependent upon something else.

I can remember when I was totally dependent upon my husband. It was the wrong kind of dependency. In my mind, I believed that my husband was suppose to be the source of all my physical and spiritual needs. When that didn't happen, I was hurt and disappointed. 

It was not my husbands fault that I didn't understand who I should be totally dependent upon. I had a few lessons to learn.  I asked God to show me what I was doing wrong. "Why is this happening." I asked. "Please show me".  Well guess what? my loving, Heavenly Father began to reveal to me what was wrong and what I needed to do.  

I went through my journey.   I was not a part of a church.  I lived several miles from my immediate family, a new wife and mother. I learned that God was the only source of hope, and that I needed to totally depend upon Him. It helped change my relationship with my husband. Now I can say, I truly am happier physically and spiritually. 

 I still have a lot more to learn. We never know all there is to know.  Our life in Jesus Christ is a learning process. We have to allow Him to teach us.  
  

Total Dependency?
Are you totally dependent upon your church, religious leader, family or friends?  

God has taught us in our ministry how to turn from the ways of relying upon ourselves and yield more to Him. He knows the mind of man can be very logical at times, but that is not in line with how God's Spirit moves.  

We need to stop making the mistake of conferring with one another, and using the advice that others, so called "experienced" people are giving, it will not work. For now more than ever, God's WISDOM has to shine forth "BRIGHTLY", and His WORD is needed to give us the power to overcome the deceit and the slick ways in which the enemy is turning God's people. 

Remember, God is the deliverer, and sometimes there is no practical solution except, to stand in faith and declare His promises, and know that he moves events in our behalf. 

We have to cleanse our lives , and put our priorities back in order, and Repent of living for ourselves and Trusting man--PARTICULARLY some of us who are regular church goer's. Don't put such reliance upon the group to the point where you don't take the time to come to God and lay your burdens at His throne."  

We must have Total dependency on God!

In (Proverbs 2:3-10) International Standard Version (ISV) it says:
V-3 If indeed, you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 
V-4 If you seek it like hidden treasure,
V-5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and learn to know God. 
V-6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. 
V-7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright and is a shield to those who walk in integrity, 
V-8 guarding the paths of the just and protecting the way of His faithful ones.
V-9 Then you will understand what is right, just, and upright-every good path. 
V-10 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. 

If we become so accustomed to depending on everything but the Lord, our life will be unstable.  The Lord say's "a double minded man is unstable in all his ways." We have to shed the weight of our self made trials and make room for the blessings God has for us.

So let us do what (Proverbs 3:6-8) says: 
V-6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path's straight. 
V-7 Do not be wise in your own opinion. Fear the LORD and turn away  from evil.
V-8 This will bring healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones.

I want to be totally dependent on the LORD. I have peace, Joy and refreshment in Him. Why not try it! Let it become your prescription for life!  Total Dependency on the LORD!

God Bless you! 


Khava Bat Binahya/McElveen
Feed My Sheep Ministries and
Messianic House of Prayer
http://www.finding-happiness.org





No comments:

Post a Comment